GYUDON (JAPANESE BEEF & RICE BOWLS)

I discovered that one of the things I missed most for two years in Beijing was: lunch hour.
Every working day at noon is right, there will be a mass exodus of office buildings throughout the city, when coworkers come out to get food. Luckily for me, I work in a city area where restaurants are abundant and very varied. I will sit on a bowl of hand-pulled noodles at a noodle bar hideaway on Monday, and head to the Yunnan Hot Pot restaurant on Tuesday. Every week will be different - my coworkers and I will think about our lunch plans beforehand - sometimes even a few days before.

One of my favorite lunch choices, is a Japanese place that serves dishes that we talked about today: Gyudon.

Gyudon is basically a dish of thinly sliced ​​beef, cooked in a mixture of mirin and sweet soy sauce and served on rice. Sake is also sometimes added to extra flavors. Where I go to Beijing, I will serve hot with raw egg yolks on it.
The egg yolk?

Best. Object. Ever.

It will warm up when you mix it with beef and hot rice, giving riches to dishes that cannot be defeated –– not even by the hint of hand-drawn noodles or Yunnan hot pots. Needless to say, I often visit the place at least once every few weeks.

for more detail visit : thewoksoflife.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments