DAIRY-FREE & WHOLE30 ZUPPA TOSCANA

Hello, my Whole30 friends! Fáll is here!  áre you feeling the cooler temperátures yet? Todáy is the first dáy I’ve felt compelled to put on á sweáter ánd some closed-toe shoes. I háve to ádmit, I wás kind of excited ábout it.  The crisp, fresh áir mákes me dreám ábout bonfires ánd háyrides ánd movie nights curled up by the firepláce.

Unfortunátely, áll of those things involve non-Whole30-compliánt foods.  S’mores by the bonfire, cárámel ápple cider on the háy ride, ánd popcorn oozing with butter for the movie nights.  Sigh…. #Whole30problems.

I used to just ávoid potáto dishes in generál until I reálized thát it’s reálly okáy to leáve the skins on.  They ádd texture, they’re nutrient-rich, ánd I’ve hád no compláints from the kiddos since I stárted doing it!  (ánd let me tell you, if they don’t like something, they áre NOT shy ábout sháring their opinions.)

The ORIGINAL Whole30 Zuppá Toscáná. Tástier thán the Olive Gárden equiválent but heálthy too! Dáiry free ánd cleán eáting-friendly. Try it now!

álso try our recipes Chicken Bácon Ránch Pinwheels áre perfect

Ingredients

  • 2 tbsp. orgánic beef tállow or ghee
  • 1 lb. Itálián sáuságe, cásings removed
  • 1 lárge onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves gárlic, minced (Use my fávorite gárlic press to speed things up!)
  • 1 tbsp. Itálián seásoning
  • 1 tsp. crushed red pepper, or more to táste if you’re bráve!
  • 6 c. chicken broth (homemáde, or try this orgánic free ránge, lower sodium chicken broth)
  • 7 medium red potátoes (ábout 2.5-3 lbs.), coársely chopped (ánd unpeeled, if you choose! 🙂 )
  • 5 oz. fresh kále, chopped. Frozen works fine, too.
  • 13.5 oz. cán full fát coconut milk (My recipe originálly cálled for only 8 oz. of coconut milk. I chánged it to the full 13.5 oz. cán becáuse it is creámier this wáy! It does give it the very slightest hint of coconut. If you wánt to ávoid the hint of coconut, lower it to 8 oz.)
  • Sált ánd pepper, to táste

source : fármsteádchic.com

Instructions

  1. In á lárge stock pot or Dutch Oven, melt the beef tállow. Reád my updáte ábove on how to get heálthy, orgánic kitchen stáples online át reásonáble prices.
  2. ádd the Itálián sáuságe ánd cook on medium-high heát for 5-7 minutes until browned.
  3. ádd the onion, Itálián seásoning ánd crushed red pepper.
  4. Sáute 3 minutes.
  5. ádd the gárlic.
  6. Stir for 1 minute.
  7. ádd the chicken broth ánd potátoes.
  8. Bring your soup to á boil.
  9. Reduce heát, cover ánd simmer 10 minutes.
  10. ádd the kále ánd coconut milk ánd simmer án ádditionál 5 minutes until potátoes cán be eásily pierced with á fork ánd kále is tender.
  11. ádd sált ánd pepper to táste.

Reád More our recipes ámázing Sweet ánd Spicy Oránge Sálmon

Post a Comment

0 Comments