Easy One Pot Mexican Rice with Black Beans and Corn #dinnerrecipe #food

Not every one of my formulas have a story, yet this one does!! My flawless blogging companion Vicki Psarias from the magnificent child rearing and way of life blog Honest Mum (and furthermore creator of no. 1 top rated book, Mumboss: The Honest Mum's Guide to Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home*) has as of late moved toward becoming vegetarian. In one of our many Twitter talks she asked me for what valid reason I didn't make more veggie lover formulas on my blog… I guaranteed her I had many, obviously there is dependably space for additional!

A snappy, straightforward and heavenly formula, this Easy One Pot Mexican Rice with Black Beans and Corn is awesome as a principle course in its very own privilege or as a side dish to all your Mexican top picks. It's without gluten, dairy free and veggie lover as well!

Thus Vicki provoked me to make a veggie lover formula particularly for her and commit it to her on my blog. What's more, I cherished the thought! Vicki has been so breathtakingly steady of me and my blogging profession since my all around beginning of blogging: she generally has a urging word to state and has regularly helped me with her thoughtful words and savvy exhortation (it was her who originally urged me to utilize my face as opposed to my logo in my social profiles, for instance.) Dedicating a formula to her is an exquisite method to state 'thank you' for all her help and thoughtfulness throughout the years.

I sent Vicki a determination of thoughts to browse and she settled on this Vegan Mexican Rice. And afterward, well me being me, I by one way or another transformed her solicitation into a gigantic veggie lover Mexican dining experience – enough nourishment to sustain half of Mexico presumably! (There's significantly progressively out in the kitchen, you can't find in these photographs!!)
Easy One Pot Mexican Rice with Black Beans and Corn #dinnerrecipe #food
Also try our recipe Chicken Parmesan Sliders #dinnerrecipe #food #amazingrecipe

Ingredients

  • 1 onion diced
  • 3 garlic cloves crushed or grated
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
  • ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (more if you like things hot, or fresh chilli)
  • 1 red, green or yellow (bell) pepper diced
  • 300 g basmati or long grain rice
  • 350 ml passata (or 400g/14oz tin chopped tomatoes)
  • 350 ml water (use the empty passata jar to measure)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 100 g corn tinned or frozen (or roasted corn on the cob)
  • 400 g tin black beans drained and rinsed
  • 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
  • To garnish (all optional)
  • Extra fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
  • Spring onions (scallions) sliced
  • Fresh chillies sliced
  • To serve (all optional)
  • Mexican Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes
  • Mexican Roasted Corn on the Cob
  • Chunky Guacamole

Method

  1. Grab a deep wide frying pan, or a wide shallow saucepan and add the onions and oil. Fry gently for 3 minutes with the lid on until softened but not brown. Add the garlic, chilli, spices and peppers and fry for a further 2 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally.
  2. Add the rice, passata, water, salt and pepper. Stir to mix thoroughly then bring to the boil. Turn down to a low heat, cover with a lid and allow to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
  3. Remove the lid and add the corn and black beans, stir and replace the lid. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the rice is done to your liking.
  4. If the dish gets too dry before the rice is done enough for you, add an extra splash of water.
  5. Serve garnished with coriander/spring onions/chillies. Serve with sweet potato cubes, roasted sweetcorn and guacamole for a vegan Mexican Feast!!

Read more our recipe Healthy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole #dinnerrecipe #food

Source : bit.ly/2UulLMy

Post a Comment

0 Comments